Mobile Chemist - Rochester
Location: Rochester, Kent
Role Type: Full-time, permanent
Hours: 40 hours, flexibility required
Cleansing Service Group is a leading and award-winning force within the waste management sector.
The Group operates from 28 sites nationally. Steeped in heritage CSG has grown to become the second largest privately owned waste management company in the UK. A fantastic opportunity has arisen as a Mobile Chemist at our Rochester site.
Benefits of a CSG Chemist:
- Eligible for Company annual bonus scheme
- Aviva pension scheme
- Life assurance (for pension scheme members)
- Healthcare Cash Plan which covers you for a variety of treatments, as well as, offering exclusive offers/vouchers e.g., restaurant vouchers, and cashback deals
- Further development opportunities through in-house and external training
- Organising collections from clients’ sites and delivering to waste transfer sites for disposal.
- Maintain provision of packing materials on site
- Assist Small Collection and the administration team in providing quotations for customers.
- Ensure all relevant legislation required to perform the job correctly is adhered to.
- Comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures ensuring all requirements required are met both on Customers site and at waste disposal site.
- Technically assess, segregate, label, and pack waste on client’s site with documentation compliant to current UK legislation.
- Compile and maintain list of hazardous waste needing collection and disposal producing required documentation and ensure compliance with current legislation, communicating with Small Collections and administration for completeness.
- Collection and loading of waste onto transport vehicle with the aid of material handling equipment making it safe and suitable for transportation, safely driving company vehicle to the hazardous waste site for disposal when on the premises make for safe and efficient off-loading.
- Degree or HND in a science-based subject, preferably chemistry
- Good knowledge of hazardous waste, desirable but not mandatory.
- COSHH – ability to assess potential safety/environmental/plant impact of processing hazardous waste, desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation as related to the Company’s activities, desirable but not mandatory.
- Must have held an EU driving licence and have experience of driving 3.5t size van.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with customers.
- Capable of working autonomously with limited supervision and a willingness to learn new skills.
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its workplaces.
If you think that you’re the person for this role, apply today!
CSG takes the security of your data seriously. To find out how we process your data for recruitment purposes, please read our recruitment privacy notice.