HGV Class 2 Driver - South East
- HGV Class 2 Driver
- Location: South East
- Closing date: 31 July 2019
HGV Class 2 Driver, Polegate East Sussex, £11.59 per hour, plus overtime, 40 hours per week
The Cleansing Service Group is a nationwide award winning waste management company specialising in the transport and disposal of both hazardous and non-hazardous waste. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a HGV Class 2 Driver to join this national, award winning company.
This is an exciting time to join our team; we are currently expanding due to our strong standing within the industry and excellent reputation for the quality.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Collection of domestic sewage from households with a cesspit or septic tank
- Use on-site equipment as instructed with due regard to manual handling techniques for heavier objects.
- Attending emergency call outs when required.
- Completion of all driver related paperwork accurately and submitted on time.
- Compliance with the Group’s Health and Safety policy and behaviours.
- Deal with Customers in a manner that retains their loyalty to the Company and delivers an outstanding service.
Daily duties will involve some heavy lifting including raising of manhole covers, setting up suction hoses etc.
- A HGV class 2 licence
- Previous tanker experience
- Possession of a digi-card
- Current CPC qualification
A flexible approach to the role will also be essential as you will form part of a call-out rota.
As part of the role you will form part of a call out rota and will receive £180 for each week that you are on standby plus 1.5 x basic salary for all hours worked whilst on call out or 2 x basic salary for all night work (midnight – 6am).
The role also comes with excellent benefits which include full in-house training, a company pension, life assurance (for pension scheme members) healthcare cash plan, childcare vouchers, annual CPC training and company bonus scheme (non-contractual).
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its work places.