We want to warn people about a company calling itself CSG Drain Services Ltd or CSG DGV TM2G.
We have been made aware of several incidents whereby CSG Drain Services Ltd is calling individuals, often elderly and vulnerable, claiming to be CSG Ltd and offering to sell drain insurance.
We want to make it clear that CSG Drain Services Ltd or CSG DGV TM2G has absolutely no connection to our company, Cleansing Service Group Limited (CSG Ltd), and is conducting fraudulent activities.
We have reported the CSG Drain Services Ltd and CSG DGV TM2G to Action Fraud, the Citizens Advice Bureau and BBC Watchdog.
We have reported this to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) who have started their own investigation into this company, as anyone who is selling insurance need to be authorised by the FCA.
They have asked that anyone who is a victim of this fraud report this to them by calling the FCA Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768 (freephone).
Our ActionFraud case reference is NFRC190703081654.
At CSG we:
- Do not sell insurance. Our business is purely focused on off-mains sewage systems, as well as commercial and industrial waste collection and treatment.
- Encourage online orders and payments, wherever possible. However, we do accept card payments over the phone – if someone saying they are one of our sales executives contacts you to make a payment, you can always hang up and then call us back on 0800 011 6600.
- Always welcome new customers to CSG but we would never pressure you into making a financial transaction.
Have you or someone you know been affected?
- Unfortunately, as we are not the victim there is little that we can actively do to help you.
- However, we want you to know that we take each incident extremely seriously and we are prepared to help in any way we can.
- You should always report fraudulent activities to your bank and Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
How to protect yourself against fraud:
- Be vigilant – if an offer seems too good to be true it probably because it is.
- Never provide personal information to organisations or people without verifying their credentials. You can hang up and call us back on 0800 011 6600 or email us directly to email@example.com.
- Make sure that you have the most up-to-date versions of your anti-virus software, have a firewall installed and have the highest security settings on your web-browser.
- Find more information on how to protect yourself on ActionFraud’s own website.