Transport Efficiency Advisor - South of England
- Transport Efficiency Advisor
- South of England Region
- Closing date: 03 June 2019
Transport Efficiency Advisor, £35,000 – £40,000, Nationwide
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To undertake a program of technical development in order to take joint responsibility for managing the efficiency of the Operations fleet of HGV vehicles.
During the initial learning phase
- To accompany the Transport Efficiency Manager during all operations activities.
- Learn all CSG transport management systems from depot transport administration through to full transport scheduling.
- Be prepared to work at each depot within the Operational regions to learn the business.
- Attend Head Office to learn purchase and invoicing systems.
- Attend Head Office to learn fleet management and H&S systems.
- Undertake the transport management CPC course or refresher programme.
- Undertake training on the Verilocation system and PDA system.
- Attend each depot to understand the application of the Verilocation and PDA systems.
- Fully learn the Standard Operating System for transport administration, transport coordination and regional management.
- Gain full knowledge of the Xeres financial accounting systems.
- Gain full knowledge of the profit and loss monthly accounts.
- Gain full knowledge of the forecasting process.
- Be prepared to go out with industrial and sewage drivers from each region to learn their jobs and become familiar with the vehicles and applications.
Application and operational phase
- Use prior and recently gained knowledge to make recommendations for operational efficiency improvement.
- Attend depots to run the industrial or sewage desk during peak demand or staff absence.
- Attend depots to review transport function and to improve performance.
- Review vehicle performance reports and make recommendations to the Group Operations Manager to improve vehicle performance.
- Hold training sessions with drivers and managers on compliance updates, business initiatives and new methods.
- Work with the compliance manager to ensure all drivers hours and vehicle related compliance requirements are in order.
- Where necessary assist with the training and development of new staff.
- Transport and logistics knowledge gained in a fast moving operational environment
- Proven analytical knowledge
- Track record of efficiency or operational improvements
- Geographically flexible to attend depots throughout the south and midlands
- Flexible to accommodate overnight stays
- Proven transport scheduling experience
- Proven competence in the use of transport scheduling and tracking software
- Proven experience of operating under a 24/7 call out system.
- Demonstrable communication skills
- CPC holder
- Line management responsibility
- Liquid waste management experience
- Multi-site operational experience
- Financial P&L ownership