Transfer Station Technician - Aylesford
- Transfer Station Technician
- Location: Aylesford
- Closing date: 05 October 2021
Transfer Station Technician, Aylesford, 40 hours per week, £19,760 per annum
Working within a team to complete day to day operations on Transfer Station whilst maintain a high level of housekeeping. Perform all duties with SHE in mind.
- To operate the Transfer Station processes following company operating procedures.
- Manual sorting of various packaged hazardous waste streams.
- To ensure that all Transfer Station activities are carried out in full compliance with the Company’s S.H.E. policies and all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations in order that the operations at the Transfer Station do not negatively impact on human health, the environment or public amenity.
- To co-operate with site management in improving Transfer Station operating standards and adopt fully flexible approach to all the site tasks on which training has been given.
- To actively participate in the improvement of site housekeeping standards by dealing with issues within personal span of control immediately and reporting all other issues to site management.
- Report defects immediately to the plant manager.
- Assist drivers with unloading/loading of vehicles.
Qualifications and Experience, some or all of which may be relevant
- Good general level of education to GCSE standard.
- IT Literate useful.
- Flexible and co-operative attitude and approach.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Knowledge of Classification, Labelling and Packaging pictograms.
- Experience on use of Forklift advantageous.
Please send your CV and brief covering letter to make your application.We look forward to hearing from you!
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its work places.
CSG takes the security of your data seriously. To find out how we process your data for recruitment purposes, please read our recruitment privacy notice.