Technical Waste Coordinator - Cadishead
- Technical Waste Coordinator
- Location: Cadishead
- Closing date: 31 July 2019
Technical Waste Coordinator, £22,000, Cadishead, 40 hours per week
CSG is a £75m waste company, independently owned and with a strong family business ethos. We offer a range of employee benefits and have a strong tradition of helping to develop the careers of those who help us shine. Our guiding principle is “It’s all about the people” and many of our 500 workers have been with us for decades. If you’re looking for a chance to make your mark in an environment that rewards hard work and values loyalty, you’ll find CSG is a great place to be.
Provide technical administration support to the Technical and Sales teams, and to coordinate all hazardous and industrial waste enquiries from producers, waste management companies and internal CSG depots.
- Coordinate incoming waste enquiries, passing to the technical team for pricing
- Respond to enquiries from customers, Sales Managers and CSG depots by phone or email
- Input pre-acceptance information into the company’s bespoke waste tracking system, including sample details, hazard codes, EWC codes and UN numbers
- Support the Contracts Managers with coordination of enquiries and bookings from waste management companies
- Provide technical administration support to the Technical Team, Sales office and site laboratory as required, including holiday cover
- Supporting the team with ‘month end’ tasks within the required deadlines, including invoicing and EA returns
- Obtain prices for disposal from alternative waste treatment facilities when required, and arrange bookings and consignment notes
- To liaise closely with the Central Customer Services, Sales and Operational functions to ensure smooth and efficient operation
- Excellent organiser and communicator
- Degree in Chemistry or related subject
- Confident in the use of IT systems and able to utilise bespoke company IT programs
- To be diligent and respect the confidentiality of the information to which they are party
- Previous experience of working in the waste industry
- Knowledge of WM3 and ability to apply it to classify waste
- Understanding of ADR regulations ability to classify waste for transport
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to learn and develop their career within technical waste assessment. Experience within a customer service or administration environment is essential for the role. You must also have excellent communication skills as well as excellent IT skills and have the ability to effectively manage your own time and workload in order to deliver the best service to our customers.
CSG have been an Investor In People since 2010 and we are a leading brand in a growth industry. Who knows where we can take each other? Well, neither of us will if you don’t take the next step! If you would like to apply your skills to this role, and see how they develop, we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and brief covering letter to make your application. We look forward to hearing from you.
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its work places.
CSG takes the security of your data seriously. To find out how we process your data for recruitment purposes, please read our recruitment privacy notice.