Technical Waste Assessor - Wilton
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 40 hours
Cleansing Service Group is an independently owned waste management company with a varied customer base, including both domestic and industrial. As a Technical Waste Assessor, you will be supporting the waste recovery team to support the business in environmental compliance and customer service.
Benefits of a Technical Waste Assessor:
- Eligible for Company annual bonus scheme
- Aviva pension scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan which covers you for a variety of treatments, as well as, offering exclusive offers/vouchers e.g., restaurant vouchers, and cashback deals
- Further development opportunities through in-house and external training
- Ensure sufficient information is supplied for each waste enquiry, including MSDS & samples where required
- Interpreting the data, such as MSDS & sample analysis routes, to identify appropriate waste treatment or disposal routes, including costs & caveats.
- Generating quotes for potential customers and facilitating the customer journey from enquiry to booking to invoicing.
- Ensure all information required for quoting, transport & acceptance is inputted into the database system.
- Understand site processing capabilities, physical and capability to enable routing of waste.
- Use database system to generate consignment notes and Environment Agency returns.
- Communicate with customers by email & phone to confirm quote parameters, scheduling & non-conformances.
- To liaise closely between the Sales, Customer Service and Operational functions to ensure effective communication between departments.
- Advise on transport, labelling & consignment note requirements.
- Ensure compliance of all waste quotes with site permits & waste management licences.
- Degree in Chemistry or related subject (minimum HNC)
- Confident in the use of IT systems and able to utilise bespoke company IT programs
- Excellent organiser & communicator
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Contribute fully to the aims of the business and be a fully participating member of the team
- Knowledge of WM3 and ability to apply it to classify waste
- Understanding of ADR regulations ability to classify waste for transport
- Working knowledge of the operation of a Waste Treatment Processing Plant, Transfer Station and/or Transport operations
- Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Numerate with an understanding of business costing
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its workplaces.
If you think that you’re the person for this role, apply today!
CSG takes the security of your data seriously. To find out how we process your data for recruitment purposes, please read our recruitment privacy notice.