Site Operator - Cadishead
- Site Operator
- Cadishead Region
- Closing date: 31 May 2019
Site Operator, Cadishead, Competitive Pay, 40 hours per week (Shift pattern)
Would you like to be part of the CSG team? We’re a £75m waste company, independently-owned and with a strong family business ethos. We offer a range of employee benefits and have a strong tradition of helping to develop the careers of those who help us shine. Our guiding principle is “It’s all about the people” and many of our almost 500 workers have been with us for decades. If you’re looking for a chance to make your mark in an environment that rewards hard work and values loyalty, you’ll find CSG is a great place to be.
To run a split shift rotating between 10.30 – 19.00 and 08.30 – 17.00 assisting the site operating team with the acceptance and handling of packaged waste materials.
- Offloading pallets of chemical and printing waste containers from incoming curtain-sider vehicles
- Loading pallets of chemical and printing waste containers onto outgoing curtain-sider vehicles
- Operation of a fork-lift truck for the movement of packaged materials between storage areas and processing areas
- Ensuring packaged materials are placed into storage within bunded areas following instructions on segregation of hazards
- Sorting & Segregation of chemical materials
- Bulking together of printing waste materials
- Processing of packaged materials through a shredder
- Assisting with site cleaning duties & ensuring working areas are kept tidy at the end of each day
- Shutting down and cleaning plant & machinery
- Reporting problems with production process or equipment to site management and maintenance engineers
- Preparing equipment for customers
- Forklift Truck license
- High level of spoken & written English
- Willingness to work with others
- Application of Health & Safety standards
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is looking to learn and build their career in Waste Management. Possession of a counterbalance forklift licence is essential for this role. You must be a team player, have excellent communication skills and have the ability to effectively manage your time and workload in order to deliver the best service to our customers.
If you’d like to apply your skills to this role (and see how they develop), we’d love to hear from you. We’ve been an Investor In People since 2010 and we’re a leading brand in a growth industry. Who knows where we can take each other? Well, neither of us will if you don’t take the next step!
Please send your CV and brief covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its work places.
CSG takes the security of your data seriously. To find out how we process your data for recruitment purposes, please read our recruitment privacy notice.