HGV Class 2 Driver - Newbury
- HGV Class 2 Driver
- Location: Newbury
- Closing date: 31 July 2019
HGV Driver, Newbury, £12.02 per hour, 40 hours per week, plus overtime
Would you like to be part of the CSG team? We’re a £75m waste company, independently-owned and with a strong family business ethos. We offer a range of employee benefits and have a strong tradition of helping to develop the careers of those who help us shine. Our guiding principle is “It’s all about the people” and many of our almost 500 workers have been with us for decades. If you’re looking for a chance to make your mark in an environment that rewards hard work and values loyalty, you’ll find CSG is a great place to be. This is an exciting time to join our team; we are currently expanding due to our strong standing within the industry and excellent reputation for the quality of work we deliver to our clients.
What will I be doing?
- Collecting domestic sewage from households with a cesspit or septic tank.
- Operating waste management equipment (pipes, inlet/outlet valves, pumps, H&S equipment etc) in a professional and legal manner.
- Using on-site equipment as instructed with due regard to manual handling techniques for heavier objects.
- Attending emergency call outs when required.
- Completing all driver related paperwork accurately and submitted on time.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- Daily duties will involve some heavy lifting including raising of manhole covers, setting up suction hoses etc.
What will I need?
Possession of HGV class 2 licence, digi-card, and current CPC qualification is essential for the role. ADR licence is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided. Previous experience operating a HGV tanker would be advantageous.
If you’d like to apply your skills to this role (and see how they develop), we’d love to hear from you. We’ve been an Investor In People since 2010 and we’re a leading brand in a growth industry. Who knows where we can take each other? Well, neither of us will if you don’t take the next step!
Please send your CV and brief covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its work places.
CSG takes the security of your data seriously. To find out how we process your data for recruitment purposes, please read our recruitment privacy notice.