Environmental, Health and Safety Administrator - Cadishead
- Environmental, Health and Safety Administrator
- Location: Cadishead
- Closing date: 30 March 2020
Environmental, Health and Safety Administrator (Maternity Cover)
40 hours per week
Durations: Initially 6 months with the potential of becoming permanent
Start Date: End of March
CSG is a nationwide award-winning waste management company specialising in the transport and disposal of both hazardous and non-hazardous waste.A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Environmental, Health and Safety Administrator to join our Compliance Team, based at our treatment site in Cadishead, Manchester, with occasional visits to other sites in Northern England.
This is an exciting time to join our team; we are currently expanding due to our strong standing within the industry and excellent reputation for quality.
Although his post is temporary, there may be scope to make it permanent in the future for the right candidate.
The role comes with excellent benefits which include company pension, life assurance (for pension scheme members) healthcare cash plan, childcare vouchers and company bonus scheme.
- Updating environmental, health and safety documentation including risk assessments and method statements
- Managing the PPE ordering system and issuing it to site personnel
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with personnel from all sections of the business to complete their actions set during meetings and audits etc. within specified deadlines
- Assisting management staff with the implementation and maintenance of ISO systems
- Organising staff training, and events such as health surveillance and Health and Safety Week
- Keeping records up to date e.g. using Microsoft Word products and internal databases as appropriate
- Research into applicable legal requirements and best practice to identify potential improvements
- Provide environmental, health and safety assistance to the Site Managers of our Northern sites
- Contribution to environment, health and safety meetings, taking accurate minutes and distributing them in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Good IT literacy with ability to use Microsoft Office products and the internet
- Proactive and positive self-starter
- Excellent team working skills
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Familiar with ISO Standards 14001, 9001, 45001 and OHSAS 18001
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience within an industrial or waste management setting
- Safety, health and environment knowledge and experience including risk assessments and method statements
- Recognised health and safety qualification
- Auditing experience
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its workplaces.
CSG takes the security of your data seriously. To find out how we process your data for recruitment purposes, please read our recruitment privacy notice.
If you think that you can achieve and fulfil the above requirements please apply.