Contracts Manager - Sandycroft
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Location: Sandycroft (CH5)
(Travel and working away will be required)
Basic Salary: £45,000 with uplifts there is the potential to earn circa £65,000
Roll Type: Full-time – Permanent
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Cleansing Service Group is a leading and award-winning force within the waste management sector.
The Groups’ head office is based near Fareham, Hampshire and operates from 28 sites nationally. Steeped in heritage CSG has grown to become the second largest privately owned waste management company in the UK. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Contracts Manager based at our Willacy Oil Deport in Sandycroft.
Benefits of a Contracts Manager:
- Eligible for Company annual bonus scheme
- Aviva pension scheme
- Life assurance (for pension scheme members)
- Healthcare Cash Plan which covers you for a variety of treatments
- Exclusive offers/vouchers e.g., restaurant vouchers, and cashback deals
- All training provided
- Travel Allowances
Main purpose of job:
- Interact with the Operations Manager to confirm the scope of supply for contracts & projects.
- Control the processes for compliance with contract requirements, budgets & schedules.
- Control and co-ordinate the activities of all personnel, vehicles and equipment
- Provide onsite management for contracts.
- Define & manage the resources required to achieve established targets, objectives and legislative requirements
- Customer Relations on Site during the project (full driving license will be required)
- Produce Method Statements
- Carry Out Risk Assessments
- Define Contract Resources (In House, Client, Sub Contract, WOS Equipment, Hire etc.)
- Communicate working practices
- Ensure all working practices are carried out safely
- Organise & Co-ordinate the Contract to achieve completion dates
- Progress monitoring
- On Site Inspections
- Control site mobilization & de-mobilization
- Control On Site Equipment Maintenance
- Complete Day Work Sheets, Site Logs & Site Reports
- Control all matters pertaining to site operations
- Project Planning & Co-ordination
- Advise on ‘Site Layout’ proposals
- Co-ordinate with The technical Manager for Plant & Equipment procurement
- Contact, Co-ordinate & Control all Contracts Personnel
- Produce a detailed list of equipment, materials, services etc to be supplied for mobilization of contracts
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to clarify and confirm site supply details and specifications
- Experience of industrial cleaning and/or tank cleaning is desirable
- Good working knowledge of cleaning systems, pumps, efficient site layouts and basic maintenance
- Working knowledge of sludge management techniques and equipment such as centrifuges
- Must be prepared to work around the UK and possibly overseas is required
- Past experience as an IS operator ideally
- Ability to manage contracts maintaining a consistently high standard in H&S, cost control and project timing.
- Efficiently manage relationships in different fields in order to obtain results.
- Ability to transfer ideas and concepts in order to move into action.
- Organise and distribute in an efficient way, all the tasks in a period of time, using the urgency and the importance as the decision factor.
- Be proactive in all areas and move to action.
- Ability to give fresh ideas that help Improvements or solve problems.
- Ability to go beyond to anticipate future needs to improve the organisation.
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its workplaces.
If you think that you’re the person for this role, apply today!
CSG takes the security of your data seriously. To find out how we process your data for recruitment purposes, please read our recruitment privacy notice.