Apprentice Class 2 HGV Driver - Bristol
Apprentice HGV Class 2 Driver
Salary: £23,753.64 plus overtime
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Cleansing Service Group is a leading and award-winning force within the waste management sector.
The Groups’ head office is based near Fareham, Hampshire and operates from 28 sites nationally. Steeped in heritage CSG has grown to become the second largest privately owned waste management company in the UK. A fantastic opportunity has arisen as an Apprentice HGV Driver.
Benefits of a CSG Apprentice HGV Driver:
· Eligible for Company annual bonus scheme
· Aviva pension scheme
· Life assurance (for pension scheme members)
· Healthcare Cash Plan which covers you for a variety of treatments, as well as, offering exclusive offers/vouchers e.g., restaurant vouchers, and cashback deals
· All training provided
- Undertaking the necessary training programme to ensure competency.
- Demonstrating satisfactory skills development throughout the training programme.
- Undertaking HGV driver training at the required stage within the training programme.
- Operating waste management equipment in a professional and legal manner.
- Achieving required standards of performance in regard to jobs per days, cleanliness of operations.
- Delivering excellent customer service.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe and legal manner.
1. Be aware of, understand and achieve required standards of performance.
2. Deal with Customers in a manner that retains their loyalty to the Company and delivers an outstanding service.
3. Aid the relevant Driver Operative to ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner that does not negatively impact human health, the environment or public amenity.
4. Raise any issues, problems or concerns with your Line Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Driving Licence
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of providing a service to customers.
- A desire to work as part of a team and to work hard towards building a career.
- Exposure to manual work and lifting.
Qualifications and Experience, some or all of which may be relevant
1. Demonstrate willingness, enthusiasm and ability to obtain Class 2 LGV licence.
2. Good general level of education to GCSE standard or equivalent.
3. Demonstrate willingness to learn how to operate HGV vehicles and use on-site equipment e.g. letters, pumps, tools and PPE
CSG is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to the practice of equal opportunity without prejudice or discrimination in all of its workplaces.
If you think that you’re the person for this role, apply today!
CSG takes the security of your data seriously. To find out how we process your data for recruitment purposes, please read our recruitment privacy notice.